Re: Serbian codes

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Danilo Segan wrote:

> I forgot to ask, not only you but anyone with experience: must we use
> the uppercase first letter?

There is no "must". But the standard refers to the scripts in that way,
and capitalizes the first letter. I am no good reference in these matters.

> Is it the requirement on the standard, or maybe it's because scripts are
> written in English where some must be uppercased?

I don't know.

> Does the case matters at all (it doesn't seem to since there's no
> colision, but hey, who knows)?

There shouldn't be any collision ever. But again, I don't know.

> Since I occasionaly boot into GNU (also known as GNU/Hurd), I'd prefer
> to bring it up on the GNU libc mailing list, if there's one for l10n
> and/or i18n. I'll check it up.

You'll get whatever you ask for. Linux-utf8 list is where all experts in
the matter reside (including glibc uber-gurus). Anywhere else, you'll get
at most the same quality you get here (where there are only a few gurus,
like Pablo or Keld). Don't let names fool you. Linux-utf8 is just a name
that has stuck. It discusses Unix i18n really.

roozbeh