Re: Serbian codes

Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Danilo Segan wrote:
>

>>Are you thinking of ISO 15924
>>(http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso15924/) ?
>>

>Yes.

I forgot to ask, not only you but anyone with experience: must we use
the uppercase first letter? Is it the requirement on the standard, or
maybe it's because scripts are written in English where some must be
uppercased? Does the case matters at all (it doesn't seem to since
there's no colision, but hey, who knows)?

>>And I guess it seems correct to use those codes, but I'm not sure on the
>>implications it would have on the rest of the GNU system. Should locale
>>definitions for GNU libc be changed to?
>>

>I don't know. I recommend asking at the linux-utf8 mailing list, which is
>the best available source of info in these matters (Google for URL ;)).

Since I occasionaly boot into GNU (also known as GNU/Hurd), I'd prefer
to bring it up on the GNU libc mailing list, if there's one for l10n
and/or i18n. I'll check it up.

Cheers,
Daneelo