Re: Translation : how to ??

Kaixo!

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 01:22:52PM +0200, Danilo Segan wrote:

> If you're the only user of the computer, doing a
>  echo export LANG=jp >>~/.profile

it is "ja", not "jp".
(and what does it change if you are not the only user? ~/.profile is your
file, it doesn't do anything on other users)

> And by the way, it's a fault on the Mandrake side not to have this set
> up by itself (if it already offers the choice of language).

No, you can choose the language settings, at install time, or afterwards.

There isn't a "Gnome language configuration applet" liek there is a KDE one
for the simple reason that Gnome follows the system language settings
(KDE doesn't, it has its own language setting, not compatible with system
configuration); in other words, it is not the Gnome responsability to
set the language settings, but the system (eg: the distribution)
responsability; that is, the language configuration tool has to be searched
on the system configuration tools, and not on the Gnome configuration tools.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]

PGP signature