Re: OT:What happen with this guy? >:-(

Pablo del Campo <pablodc@mapfre.com.ar> writes:
> 	Yesterday I commited a updated translation of xscreensaver to the
> GNOME CVS and then, just for courtesy I send a mail to Jamie Zawinski to
> mencion the updated translation...

As far as I know Jamie Zawinski has refused to actively help with the
i18n-related parts of xscreensaver. So instead someone (Jacob I think
it was) sent him a big patch. If you'd looked in the INFO file (as you
should, but perhaps you aren't translating the module in extra-po as
you should?), you'd have found the following:

  PACKAGE: xscreensaver
  RELEASE: 4.05
  SEND-TO: Carlos Perello Marin <carlos@gnome-db.org> sends all .po files
           to the author before a new relase. I will take them from here.

Most probably, Jamie Zawinski doesn't know or simply ignores our
extra-po organisation; instead Carlos takes care of sending the .po
files.

> 	For my records, the below mail was written by this "human" being ...
> whatīs the deal with xscreensaver?, someone has forked the proyect to
> include the translations?, I donīt gonna to create a f**** patch , even
> more, I quit to continue with the xscreensaver Spanish translation ; if
> anyone wants to continue have my bless.

Yes, his attitude isn't particularly nice. IMHO, it's a shame; the
screensavers are all very cool. However, getting angry won't help you
- I'm pretty sure he doesn't care at all if xscreensaver is translated
into Spanish or not. :-)

BTW: I've sent him a patch for fixing the annoying
copyright-notices-includes-non-ASCII-characters problem. No reply yet
as to whether it will be applied.

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.dk/olau/