Re: Also... (Re: Amharic Experience w/GNOME 2)

Kaixo!

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 04:40:51PM +0000, Abigail Brady wrote:

> I believe the CJKers get round this problem by translating the menus
> from, say, "_File" to "xxxx (_F)", you might try that?

A very important point when doing that is keeping the "(F)" (or whatever)
even when there is no "_" in the msgid. eg (all uppercase for CJK):

msgid "/_File"
msgstr "/XXXX (_F)"

msgid "/File/_Open"
msgstr "/XXXX (F)/YYYYY (_O)"

if it was translated as "/XXXX/YYYY (_O)" then there would be *two* top
level entries, one "XXXX (F)" (with F underlined), without any menu on it,
and another "XXXX" (without any shortcut) holding the actual menus.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.stben.be/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]

PGP signature