Also... (Re: Amharic Experience w/GNOME 2)

I *knew* I was forgetting something in my initial post...

Concerning localized menus and the short cut keys.  They are
no-ops as far as I can get with them.  I assume this applies
for other languages as well.  What I mean by this is that for
the "File" menu "F" will be underlined in English.  In Amharic
the spelling with Ethiopic syllables is "(fa)(y)(l)" and "(fa)"
is underlined.

Typing Alt+(fa) has no effect, the menu doesn't pop open (actually
we'd want it to open when Alt+(f) is composed, which is sort of
like folding upper to lower case).  Is there some trick needed
here?  Do the IMs work with menus?

thanks,

/Daniel