Re: Amharic Experience w/GNOME 2

Thanks, for the info on gnome-terminal (still my favorite term), I'll
give it at try.

> I also found several TrueType fonts for Ethiopic on the net; none of them
> have copyrights allowing redistribution, so RH can't ship them, but they
> are an improvement over ClearlyU which is bitmap only.

GF Zemen is Unicode encoded and uses GPL,

  ftp://ftp.ethiopic.org/pub/fonts/TrueType/gfzemenu.ttf

But it doesn't beat ClearlyU at the same point size.  Hopefully we will see
at least one other Ethiopic TT font distributed under GPL early next year.
Some additional bdf fonts are in the pipeline.

thanks,

/Daniel