Re: How to test local language for a GNOME 2 app?

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro wrote:
> I successfully compiled and ran Pan CVS in my GNOME 1.4 system, although
> it uses gtk2 and glib2 and other GNOME 2 libs. Thing is, I usually test
> the Brazilian Portuguese translations by doing this:
>
> LANG=pt_BR LC_ALL=pt_BR program
>
> but this didn't work for Pan -- everything came up in English. Is there
> something else I should do?
>
> P.S.: the .po is 100% translated -- I'm sending it to Gustavo right now.

language for translations is set by another environment variable:

LANGUAGE=pt_BR

This is extension of LANG so that you can set a set of preferred languages,
like this:

LANGUAGE=pt_BR:pt:es

so that if Brazillian translation is not available, it shows Portuguese
translation, and if it's also not available, tries spanish...