Re: 2.0.1?

+++ Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 03:57:13PM +0200 +++
Christian Rose e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Duarte Loreto wrote:
> > >Core was needed last week, AFAIK. RC1 was cut last week, and the RC1
> > >packages will be the final packages unless they have serious bugs. So if
> > >you updated core a lot last week then I'm afraid many of those updates
> > >won't be in 2.0.0, apart from some exceptions where RC1 packages were cut
> > >later than last Monday (gnome-control-center, gtk+ etc.).
> >
> > Damn... The Portuguese team spent several months working on the translations
> > and last updates (100%) were made this weekend (14/15/16 June). So the
> > updates won't be included... :(
>
> Probably not, except maybe some of those listed above.
> And all freeze dates related to translation were announced and
> also discussed on this list, so they should be no surprise to you,
> assuming that you had time to read the mail.

The trouble is manpower. E.g. we (i.e. the de team) have known for
weeks we wouldn't be able to meet the deadline. We're just two people
and one of us is taken up with CS exams, the other writing a book.

I suppose most other teams have similar problems. Probably we need
some kind of recruiting offensive. The trouble is that, with
translations, you can't just have a big "translatefest" with everyone
translating as much as they want in any way they want -- there's
guidelines to stick to.

Oh well. So we're trading a crappy German translation for GNOME 2.0
for a CS degree and a book, and we'll hope everything will look better
in GNOME 2.0.1 :)

I also think that the Sun people have done some translation work,
which is great. It might need reviewing, though.

mawa,
freaking out -- why has a day only got 24 hours?
--
Soll die Kaelbermast sich lohnen,
Greift der Bauer zu Hormonen.