Re: 2.0.1?

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Duarte Loreto wrote:
> >Core was needed last week, AFAIK. RC1 was cut last week, and the RC1
> >packages will be the final packages unless they have serious bugs. So if
> >you updated core a lot last week then I'm afraid many of those updates
> >won't be in 2.0.0, apart from some exceptions where RC1 packages were cut
> >later than last Monday (gnome-control-center, gtk+ etc.).
>
> Damn... The Portuguese team spent several months working on the translations
> and last updates (100%) were made this weekend (14/15/16 June). So the
> updates won't be included... :(

Probably not, except maybe some of those listed above.
And all freeze dates related to translation were announced and
also discussed on this list, so they should be no surprise to you,
assuming that you had time to read the mail. But I guess if one gets
married one doesn't spend all nights reading mail. ;-)

> I noticed that only the Telca (sv) team had 100%.

Telca?

> Will there be any 2.0.1 release with all the updated translations from
> the other teams? Is there a release date defined for that 2.0.1?

This isn't the last Gnome release ever :-)
There will most likely be a 2.0.1 release, according to the plans I've
heard like 5-6 weeks from now. So updated translations committed will go
into later releases, it's just that they are not likely to go in in 2.0.0
at this point.

> Will it be another string freeze for
> that release all all packages released at once or will the packages be
> released independently (one in a week, another in a month, yet another
> never)?

I don't know.

gnome2-release-team@gnome.org are the ones deciding these things.