Re: gtranslator bug shooting... votes.

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 14:41, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

    Fatih Demir <kabalak@gtranslator.org> writes:

    > So, if the user needs it, /me as a programmer does
    > also need it, or aren't we programming for users?!

    Will you please post an example where the mid dot will appear?

Ich glaube, wir reden einander vorbei but here we go for the rest:
It appears (!it did so for many months, so it's nothing new, but it was
causing problems, so we're now thinking about other ways to solve the
problems) in the translation box (a GtkText):

    "Diese·Datei·nun·...." <--- this appears in the translation box
    currently (like in KBabel -- we do also use a '·', but this causes
    problems sometimes, so...).

    > Heh, this sentence seems to be like black magic -- what has got a widget
    > to do with an ASCII/non-ASCII char?

    Nothing necessarily.
    My suspension is you intend to use the mid dot somewhere for decoration;

Na, we use it for making the spaces visible " " gets "·" (or something
different in the future) -- would you call this decoration? If so, yes.
Then it's for decoration but was massively wanted by many users (heh,
don't ask me for numbers please).

    maybe, other techniques are available to do the job: use a widget, use gtkhtml.

Hm, no, I still think, we're talking in different languages; Karl, it's
not about a widget, it's just about a small "non-visible" -> "visible"
transition way. And we did already think about what you did suggest last
year (or was it 2000?) and todays results are a result of progress, so.

Let's keep with that, ok? :-)
--
<([ Fatih Demir / kabalak / kabalak@gtranslator.org ])>
<([ ICQ 64241161 / fdemir2@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de ])>