Re: timezones' beginning day of the week list

Hi Keld,

El dom, 22-12-2002 a las 12:33, Keld Jørn Simonsen escribió:
> Yes, the start of the week information is already in the glibc locales,
> the "week" keyword in LC_TIME. Look at
> http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG20/docs/n972-14652ft.pdf for a
> specification. I think it is better to just use the locale values
> instead of creating a new relation between the timezone and the first
> weekday, which seems to be a relation that would not always hold.
> Eg UTC+0000 sometimes Sunday is first weekday, sometimes it is Monday
> (Ireland, Faroe Islands).

well, that's not exactly what I wanted to say :-), In the GST's
time-admin tool there is a map with a bunch of cities (such as the time
zone configuration in evolution), my idea was to make the GtkCalendar
configuration show the correct settings depending on the city you have
selected as your nearest (this solves your problem with the timezones).

anyways, I suppose that using the locale values (independently of the
time zone or city you have selected in the map) is the smartest and most
painless decision I could take.

	Thanks for your advice and help :-)