Re: timezones' beginning day of the week list

On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 13:33, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 10:16:03AM +0100, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > El dom, 22-12-2002 a las 04:23, Carlos Garnacho escribió:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm the Gnome System Tools maintainer, I'm trying to improve the
> > > time-admin tool setting the GtkCalendar to show the right beginning day
> > > of the week depending on the timezone you are. to do this I need a list
> > > with the timezones and the beginning day of the week, could you help me
> > > to get this list done? :-)
> >
> > Perhaps we could get that info from glibc's locales? like the currency
> >
> > I'm not sure, but I think that we have that information there already..
>
> Yes, the start of the week information is already in the glibc locales,
> the "week" keyword in LC_TIME. Look at
> http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG20/docs/n972-14652ft.pdf for a
> specification.

As an additional note this seems to be implemented in glibc 2.2 and
above but a casual look ate the glibc cvs localedata makes me think some
locales are probably wrong (in a sense that they are still using
defaults and "day" values from before, which implies Sunday rather than
Monday), the ones I looked were sv_SE and ru_RU.

Regards
Yanko