Re: timezones' beginning day of the week list

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 10:16:03AM +0100, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> El dom, 22-12-2002 a las 04:23, Carlos Garnacho escribió:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm the Gnome System Tools maintainer, I'm trying to improve the
> > time-admin tool setting the GtkCalendar to show the right beginning day
> > of the week depending on the timezone you are. to do this I need a list
> > with the timezones and the beginning day of the week, could you help me
> > to get this list done? :-)
>
> Perhaps we could get that info from glibc's locales? like the currency
>
> I'm not sure, but I think that we have that information there already..

Yes, the start of the week information is already in the glibc locales,
the "week" keyword in LC_TIME. Look at
http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG20/docs/n972-14652ft.pdf for a
specification. I think it is better to just use the locale values
instead of creating a new relation between the timezone and the first
weekday, which seems to be a relation that would not always hold.
Eg UTC+0000 sometimes Sunday is first weekday, sometimes it is Monday
(Ireland, Faroe Islands).

Kind regards
keld