Re: difficulties with Gimp Translation

sön 2002-04-28 klockan 01.39 skrev Sven Neumann:
> > I think the cleanest solution would be to actually split gimp into
> > several modules in cvs, each one with its own message catalog.
>
> I wonder how you would like if we put each plug-in into a separate
> module? Or at least split them up into many? This is something that is
> being discussed and it'd really to hear the translators point of view
> on this subject.

Aren't there *a lot* of plugins? I'm afraid that would become a lot of
modules if they should each have their own module...

What I had in mind was more of a split-up in modules according to what
translation catalogs are there today:

cvs module      po directory
----------------------------
gimp            po
gimp-libgimp    po
gimp-perl       po
gimp-plugins    po
gimp-script-fu  po

That would make the process rather straight-forward for translators,
because it is similar to how things are organized elsewhere in cvs.

I can also imagine that it could become easier also for maintainers from
a software maintenance point of view since the different modules can be
maintained, branched and released independantly if needed, but that's
just a guess from my point of view (perhaps this is already possible or
not needed).