Re: UTF8 encoding for all .po files
- From: Simos Xenitellis <simos74 gmx net>
- To: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnovsky nenya ms mff cuni cz>
- Cc: Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos gnome-db org>,GNOME i18n list <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: Re: UTF8 encoding for all .po files
- Date: 25 Apr 2002 07:57:53 +0100
&Tgr;&eegr;&ngr; &Tgr;&egr;&tgr;, 24-04-2002 &sgr;&tgr;&igr;&sfgr; 14:21, &ogr;/&eegr; Stanislav Visnovsky &eacgr;&ggr;&rgr;&agr;&psgr;&egr;:
> On 24 Apr 2002, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> > >
> > > Could I reencode all those files and commit them to cvs.gnome.org?
> > That would be a good idea.
> > I would suggst however to verify that the encoding for each file goes
> > well. The current scripts (from CVS:gnome-i18n/UTF-8) abort when they
> > find illegal ISO-8859-?, thus corrupting the translation.
> > An appropriate solution would be to empty the translation that does not
> > convert or signal the mistake.
> Technically, msgconv from GNU gettext 0.11 should be the best tool for
> encoding change (but never tried it myself).
Then someone should edit the CVS:gnome-i18n/UTF-8 scripts so that they
"Deprecated; Use "msgconv" from gettext-0.11.x instead."
and announce this to the list (example title: "ANNOUNCE: Use msgconv
(gettext 0.11.x) instead of CVS:gnome-i18n/UTF-8/*")
] [Thread Prev