Re: [Gtranslator-devel] Re: Really no interest?

On Wed, 2001-09-26 at 00:21, R.I.P. Deaddog wrote:
    On 25 Sep 2001, Fatih Demir wrote:

    > .. in making a learn buffer / auto translation UMTF files section on
    > www.gtranslator.org ? Heh, I would do it easily, I'd also help you
    > building custom language learn buffers to contribute but I didn't get

    Yes, gtranslator supporting this feature can be generally great for
    translators......

It does support auto translation already in 0.39. Never tried it?

Aynway I get the impression there should be a GUI element for
expanding/handling with the learn buffer... Not many people know how to
use it currently I guess .-)

    (though sometimes merely mentioning the 2 words
    "auto translation" can set me on fire, it helps propagating wrong
    translations for every zh_TW po files and takes me months to correct
    them one by one)

Hm? I hope this was a general statement and no specific problem of gtranslator .-)
I've got hardcoded a limit of at least 2 matching characters before the
translation get's set from the learn buffer (heh, some will remember a
word like "challenge-length" 'round the gtranslator sources last year),
so that translations for stuff like "ab" or similar strings isn't
inserted... Well, except this exception it should really work.
--
<([ Fatih Demir / kabalak / kabalak@gtranslator.org ])>
<([ ICQ: 64241161 / IRC: #gtranslator@irc.gnome.org ])>