Learn buffer building (was Re: Really no interest?)

Hm, so I think it's time to provide a really small HOWTO for learn
buffer & auto translation:

To add an already translated po files translation pairs to the personal
learn buffer (which is stored in ~/.gtranslator/umtf/) you have to do:

    gtranslator (-n) -l POFILE

The "-n" argument is not necessary but will speed up things a bit as
gtranslator doesn't load his/her/it's backend modules then.

Now you can see your ~/.gtranslator/umtf/learn-buffer.xml learn buffer
being grown a bit (this stuff will all be possible to handle by a GUI in
the future, but for now there's no escape from the command-line way of
doing things <sorry/>).

Of course one could also automate things a bit with this small script
snippet:

    LCODE=<YOUR_LOCALE_CODE>  # e.g. LCODE=tr

    for i in `find . -name $LCODE.po`
    	do
    		gtranslator -n -l $i
    	done

Then all po files (e.g. "tr.po" files) for your locale will be learned
subsequently -- be careful with this as it does also learn possibly
badly translated po files which shouldn't be used as a learn buffer for
sure .-)

Learn buffer and auto translation features are only available release
0.39+ -- if you really want to try this I'd even suggest using the
latest snapshot RPMs or tarballs from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=666.

There's a new option to suppress automatical learning of newly made
translations -- this way you can make your learn buffer "static" and
will avoid additions of new translations -- I think, it's quite useful
.-)

So much for today's learn buffer, auto translation and gtranslator
lectures .-)
--
<([ Fatih Demir / kabalak / kabalak@gtranslator.org ])>
<([ ICQ: 64241161 / IRC: #gtranslator@irc.gnome.org ])>