Re: Guikachu 0.10 is to be released shortly

Ole Laursen <olau@hardworking.dk> writes:

>> Should I check in updated .po files (as in, updated to match the most
>> recent .pot)? would that make translators' life easier or harder?

Depends.  When doing an official release you have got to check in the
.po files, too.  Otherwise the version tag will be wrong.  Additional
bonus: it will speed up following 'make update-po' calls (gnumeric!).
But only the maintainer at release time is allowed to do those checkins
;)

> No, because then you might accidentally mess up someone's current
> working copy of the translation - getting a CVS messed up .po file
> back to a usable state is really painful (CVS and .po files really
> don't mix very well). Fortunately, you always get a dotfile with
> whatever you had before the cvs update command, but having to rename
> it back to the name of the po file is still somewhat annoying.

Yes, that's the sad truth.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o