[ANNOUNCE] New release of intltool, formerly known as xml-i18n-tools

A new release of the GNOME internationalization tools have found it way
to the web. Formerly known as xml-i18n-tools -- the tools have now taken
their first move towards changing their name to "intltool", which
reflects that the tools are not solely for use with XML.

The real renaming hasn't taken place yet, and will with the next
release. The only difference with this release is the new name of the
tarball, so don't worry, everything should work as before. :)

This release should be UTF-8 clean, and therefore this release should be
of interest to all playing with the upcoming Gnome 2.0 platform.

* New in this release:

 - Fix .server support (Carlos)

 - Makefile fixes (Robin * Slomkowski)

 - Man-pages (not installed yet) (Carlos, Dan Muet, Kenneth)

 - Simplifications in prepare tool (Darin)

 - M4 files (Darin)

 - Fixes for evolution (Zbigniew)

 - Fix documentain errors (Zbigniew)

 - Removed buggy checks (Maciej)

 - UTF-8 support (Cyrille)

 - New XML_I18N_XML_KIND variable (Cyrille Chepelov)

 - Support for Dia's .sheet files (Cyrille Chepelov)

 - New testcases (Darin, Cyrille)

 - Made regexps more bulletproof (Darin)

 - Bugfixes for glade (Darin)

 - Generates UTF-8 or (as previously) broken XML files. (Cyrille
Chepelov)

 - Generates UTF-8 or (as previously) mixed-encoding .keys files. (CC)

 - two optional arguments to the AC_PROG_XML_I18N_TOOLS: first is the
  minimum required version, second is either blank or the [G2] string
  (no brackets). (CC)

 - XML_I18N_TOOLS_NEWER_THAN_0_9 equals to "true" (CC)

Please see the README for more information on these new features.

The tools should be available from ftp.gnome.org in short time. The URI
should be: ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/unstable/sources/intltool

Cheers, Kenneth