Re: Some questions about GTP -- status page -- modules -- UTF-8 --locale name change

On 16 Sep 2001, Kjartan Maraas wrote:

> script to my crontab and we'll be set for the future. Sorry that this
> has taken some time. Carlos has been working on the scripts lately and
> has made huge improvements to them. Please check out
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/status.shtml
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/release/status.shtml
>
> These pages should give you an impression of how things are going to be.
>
> > There is difference between Release Status page and status page -- one
> > is roughly for gnome 1.4 and another for to-be-gnome-2.0. You can have a
> > look at all 3 pages to get a better idea how's the progress of
> > translation.
> >
> Any comments on how to organize the pages in a better way is welcome.
> For now there are only the above mentioned pages.

For the individual language pages, (such as
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/release/LL.shtml), I would
suggest two cosmetic changes:

a. The scripts could set the encoding of the page (iso8859-x) so that the
browser shows it correctly. Otherwise, the user would have to change it
manually.
b. The information of the branches could be also shown in the
individual language pages. The translator would load the individual
language page to check what needs to be updated. When checking out,
s/he should be able to easily see if a specific branch should be chosen.

Finally, showing who is assigned to each module is a very good idea.

Thanks,
simos

--
If you did not get a reply in your e-mail, please check
that the Subject: field you used was relevant and precise.