Some questions about GTP -- status page -- modules -- UTF-8 -- locale name change

Hello all,

1. The GTP status page,

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/status.shtml
just lists some of gnome applications and libraries, some key
applications, such as galeon, are not listed. This makes no good.
Does GNOME includes these unlisted applications? If it does, a status
page like that will left some applications untranslated for some
languages.

I have to guess what is in GNOME, yeah, GUESS! I have to find ghex is
in GNOME one day, and find gnome-control-center(it has another story)
another day. This is NOT efficient! _Please_ put all translatable
modules into status page!

2. relation of modules

Another question is on the modules. What is the difference between
gnome-libs and libgnome ? gnome-print and libgnomeprintui ?
control-center and gnome-control-center ? It is very confused.

I find control-center has been moved to gnome-control-center, but
the control-center is full of content. Why not just leave a note there
and delete any other things? The zh_CN.GB2312 translation is not in
new gnome-control-center. If one start new work on
gnome-control-center and doesn't look at control-center, what a waste
of time!

libgnomeprintui is forked from gnome-print (or vice versa), but no
clear information can be found in archive. The po/ChangeLog indicates
that

And eel/po/eel2.pot ? and ... What a mess!

3. UTF-8

I have noticed that zh_TW.Big5 team is moving on to UTF-8, and locale
name changed to zh_TW instead of zh_TW.Big5. But I see no information
available in gnome-i18n archive for this transition.

Is it correct time to move to UTF-8 ?

4. Locale name for zh_CN is changed.

zh_CN team has decided to move to LC_ALL=zh_CN instead of
LC_ALL=zh_CN.GB2312, because we can use GBK(a superset of GB2312)
and will move to UTF-8. GB2312 is no longer valid presentation.

And GTP status page should be changed to reflect this transition.

PS: look at http://i18n.linux.net.cn/gnome/status.php, even if you
can't understand the Chinese character there, you know what it means.
The status page includes many translatable modules that GTP status
page doesn't include.

Regards
--
  lark