Re: Problems with xml-i18n-prepare and .directory files

on 9/6/01 1:53 AM, Kjartan Maraas at kmaraas@online.no wrote:

> After running xml-i18n-prepare in gnome-core I noticed that it didn't
> make the neccesary changes to Makefile.am in the directories containing
> .directory files. Somehow the script gets confused in there.

What confuses it is the more-complicated install rules for .directory files,
not the different extension.

> After looking at xml-i18n-prepare.in it seems to me that .directory
> files are treated as equal to .desktop, .keys and .soundlist files.

Yes, that's right.

> &fix_makefiles;    #<- this fails for .directory files for some reason

> And this doesn't generate anything in Makefile.am for .directory files.

That's not true. It handles directory files the same way it handles desktop
files. But the makefiles that are dealing with .directory files handle them
in a more complicated way because their names are changed as part of the
install process. Because of that, xml-i18n-prepare doesn't handle these
makefiles properly.

    -- Darin