Re: Orphaned translations in gnome-core

On 4 Sep 2001, Kjartan Maraas wrote:

> > Well, I think that you shouldn't add it to configure.in, if someone
> > needs it, then he/she will update this translation and also add it to
> > configure.in (for example I want to see the es_ES because perhaps I
> > could remove it because es.po is the same...
> >

> The problem is that if the file is added to the po/ dir it breaks make
> dist because you get an error if there are files in po/ that don't have
> a corresponding entry in ALL_LINGUAS. At least that's what I think is
> the case...
>
> I'll wait until tomorrow and think it through.

How about contacting the corresponding committer that are responsible
for the change in soundlist etc. files? If they do reply then they'll
know what to do with the translations, otherwise ...... may it be safe
to assume those extra strings are not supposed to be there?

Abel

PS For zh_TW.Big5, it was recently renamed to zh_TW to avoid naming
   problem; if it's necessary, I can take care of the merging for
   zh_TW.