Re: Translating The GIMP

On 3 Sep 2001, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > With all due respect, I can only interpret your "I do expect every active
> > translator to be subscribed to the GIMP developers list" as "every
> > translator has to be subscribed to gimp-devel", and as I've said, I think
> > that's a really strange requirement. I know you've said that it is
> > only a recommendation now, but the above was what was in your first mail,
> > and I think that original statement made no sense whatsoever.
>
> OK, there is a major misunderstanding here and I think it's my fault since
> I haven't choosen my words good enough. It's my intention to clear this
> up now and hopefully end the thread here.
>
> I meant to say that I was under the impression that every Gimp translator
> should be subscribed to the gimp-developer mailing-list because it has
> been the only list available for the purpose of discussing stuff related
> to Gimp development including translations. We have never before refered
> any translators to the GTP and this list and the GTP has never asked us
> to do so.
>
> As this has changed now, it is probably OK to discuss our
> i18n-issues here, but I still believe that gimp-related i18n-problems
> should continue to be discussed on gimp-developer.

Anything that is not entirely related to GIMP (what textdomains should we
use?) but where the discussions would benefit more projects is probably OK
to discuss here, I think. That said, I'll look into monotoring gimp-devel,
and I suspect other translators already have.

Thanks for taking your time to clear this up, and please accept my
apologies for the misunderstanding.