Re: what is current

Olivier Berger wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am just curious about what is current and with which branches
>
> > xchat - it is relevant anymore?
>
> As you'll see in xchat/INFO, it corresponds to xchat 1.6.2 whereas
> xchat-stable corresponds to 1.8.4.
>
> Both versions of xchat seem to have been declared somewhat current on
> xchat.org, so maybe this is why ?

Xchat uses two branches, one development branch and one stable branch.
Uneven numbers are for the development branch, and even numbers for
stable branches.

In gnome CVS, "xchat" is for the development branch, and "xchat-stable"
is the stable branch. The current stable branch is 1.8.x, while there
isn't a new 1.9.x development branch (yet). When there will be, the
"xchat" directory will be updated with the new unstable pot, but right
now it has been unupdated for many months, simply because there is no
current development branch at the moment.

On the other hand, the "xchat-stable" directory reflects the current
1.8.x stable series and is updated, and this is where translations
should go at the moment.