Re: doc-i18n-tool

on 10/10/01 11:38 AM, Jonathan Blandford at jrb@redhat.com wrote:

> Should we try to put this in intl-tools?  It's Darin's call of course,
> but I think that if it manages to increase the number of translated docs
> then it's a good thing.  As a non-translator, I'd appreciate it if those
> actually doing the translating could provide feedback.

Adding this to intltool would make sense to me in theory. It does fit with
the general purpose of intltool. There are a few practical matters to
consider:

    - I'm only 1 of the 3 maintainers of intltool, so it's not completely my
call!
    - the current intltool has nothing compiled in it. It's all just scripts
and m4 macros that get installed.
    - the current intltool doesn't have dependencies on libxml or even glib.
    - the tools in intltool come with simple ways to use them in project
makefiles -- we'd want to come up with that for this too -- in the case of
the other tools, we used them in some projects to get a sense with how they
fit into the build process before we packaged them

I'd be happy to work with you to get this into intltool, if we have
consensus that makes sense.

    -- Darin