Re: gtranslator queries/feedback

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 03:46:00PM +0100, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> Hi Fatih,

Hi Simos.

> a. Some msgid strings have extra spaces at the end, for example:
> msgid "Enter name: "
> msgstr ""
>
> I have noticed that gtranslator does not show that extra space (Is it
> difficult to add such functionality? it would require changes
> to the textbox "control"?). Thus, the translations with gtranslator
> have the extra spaces at the end trimmed.
> This may also apply with spaces at the beginning of the string.

Hm, if you enable showing the "dot" char, it should show them as '·'s (which
 causes problems with gettext >= 0.10.35 but that wasn't our matter here ,-)).

It doesn't trim the spaces in the real life/the file.

> b. In the case of crashes (perhaps in the cases of .rpm installation),
> it might be desirable to have a draft version of the translated .po
> file with the most current state of the translator.

Sorry? Didn't understand that quite..

> It happened once
> to me to loose about 90 messages and it was rather painfull. :(
> Perhaps an option saying "Autosave every x minutes".

Hm, this is good; I'll surely do autosave option this week .-)
--
kabalak / kabalak@kabalak.net / Fatih Demir
`-GNOME / ICQ:64241161 / GSM: +491749787080