Re: gtranslator queries/feedback

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Fatih Demir wrote:

> hm, some simple thoughts about gtranslator which need feedback:
>
> 1) Support of the X-Generator header entry; it kills my nerves
> 	to see gtranslator printing out a warning at opening any
> 	 not post-operated kbabel-edited po file.
>
> 2) Wishlist? I didn't hear any wishes till now, so I could think
> 	you're all wishless happy; but this isn't so I guess. What
> 	 are your expactations.

Hi Fatih,
Just two wishes. I have not checked with the latest version, please
disregard if the functionality is present.

a. Some msgid strings have extra spaces at the end, for example:

msgid "Enter name: "
msgstr ""

I have noticed that gtranslator does not show that extra space (Is it
difficult to add such functionality? it would require changes
to the textbox "control"?). Thus, the translations with gtranslator
have the extra spaces at the end trimmed.

This may also apply with spaces at the beginning of the string.

b. In the case of crashes (perhaps in the cases of .rpm installation),
it might be desirable to have a draft version of the translated .po
file with the most current state of the translator. It happened once
to me to loose about 90 messages and it was rather painfull. :(
Perhaps an option saying "Autosave every x minutes".

Thanks for granslator,
simos