Re: Glossary update

More of my opinions on the glossary:

* Some entries contain words with multiple meanings - sometimes the
translations are vastly different depending on the meaning or context.
This is a limitation with gettext, but it would be helpful if the
different meanings could be spread on different entries in the
dictionary by applying some context information, like:

#. "1. In e-mail and Internet newsgroups, the content of a message.
msgid "[e-mail]body"
msgstr "meddelandetext"

#. "2. In HTML, SGML, and XML, a section of a document that contains the
content of the document, along with tags describing characteristics of
the content."
msgid "[e-mail]body"
msgstr "kropp"

* Some entries contain trailing spaces that seem unnecessary. What's
worse, they often prevent exact matches when using po format and often
introduce unnecessary fuzzy entries. Example (there are a lot more of
them):

#. "In a tree structure, the relationship of a node to its immediate
predecessor. "
msgid "child "

* I see no pattern in the casing of the terms. To me they seem to use a
near random mix of upper and lower case. I'd suggest that lower case be
used for all terms except names and abbreviations, like in a normal
dictionary.

* I think more specialized terms from the various GNOME language teams'
own dictionaries could also be added to the glossary. They are sometimes
even necessary. An example is "browser" vs. "web browser" in Swedish.
The generic term "browser" is "bläddrare", while "web browser" is
"webbläsare". So both of these terms would have to be added to the
glossary for it to be complete from a Swedish perspective.

* It would help if the terms had clear information in the comments if it
is a noun or verb that is wanted. Sometimes this can be confusing when
translating, for example "bookmark" can mean both a literal bookmark or
the action of adding such a one. Another example is "login"; it can mean
both the action of logging in ("logga in" in Swedish), an user id
("inloggningsnamn" in Swedish), or be used as the general term for the
process of logging in ("inloggning" in Swedish). A simple context
information in the glossary term would help, for example "[verb]login".

Now on to the processing of translating the dictionary =)