Re: Translation policy on branches for Nautilus

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001, Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira wrote:

> > Nautilus
> > ========
> >
> > 1.0 branch
> > ----------
> > Until 9AM PST (5PM GMT) Friday, po file file may be committed directly to
> > the 1.0 branch by translators, provided they have been tested first.
> > Please do not commit any po files to the 1.0 branch after 9AM PST Friday.
> >
> > If you want to include an updated version of a translated document in the
> > 1.0 branch, you should first commit it to HEAD and make sure it does not
> > kill tinderbox. If it is okay and you would like it rolled into the 1.0
> > branch, file a bug report for it at http://bugzilla.eazel.com/ describing
> > the changes between the new version and the previous version.  We cannot
> > guarantee that new or updated translations to documents will be included
> > in the 1.0 release.  It is likely, however, that we will have a 1.0.1
> > release towards the end of the month to incorporate translation updates.
>
> I'm a lasy translator and missed the deadline for the 1.0 branch. What
> will be the procedure to update *pofiles* to the 1.0.1 release? Can I
> commit to the nautilus-1 branch after release or should I send the file
> to someone?

Please hold on to these translations for now.  I will announce the
procedure for updates to l10n on this branch later this week.

You are free to make l10n updates on HEAD.

> > GNOME-VFS
> > =========
> > You may commit to the stable branch of gnome-vfs following the same
> > guidelines as for Nautilus. Note that the stable branch is "gnome-vfs-1-0"
> > branch, not "gnome-vfs-1".
>
> The same for gnome-vfs

The same as above.

> > MEDUSA
> > ======
> > Make commits to HEAD.
>
> I couldn't find what to translate in medusa. Am I missing something?

I should have left this module out.  It doesn't have anything that is
translatable at this time.

Dan