Re: The recent change in control-center

kažkada, berods Št, 2001-03-10 20:28+0100, Pablo Saratxaga rašė:
> >> Those fiels also include translated strings not in the po files; how
> >> can they be retrieved to avoid losing them ?
> >> If some of the xml-i18n-* scripts could take the translated strings
> >> and add them to the right po file (if the correspondent msgid don't exist)
> >> it would be of great help.
> >
> > If you use the xml-i18n-prepare to make a module use xml-i18n-tools this
> > strings are inserted into the .po files (of course, only if exists a .po
> > file for that locale).
>
> IMHO the po files that don't exist should be created at that momment; then,
> maybe they can be copied somewhere else, but at least the translation
> efforts done on the desktop files are not lost.

xml-i18n-prepare does exactly this -- takes translated srings from .desktop
and other files (keys, soundlist...) and appends them to po files, if such
msgid did not exist. It creates new po files to not loose ANY translation.
But it is true only for two weeks old version -- it is the last change I've
done to the tools. Of course, some new files are not worth keeping, because
they have just some strings instead of hundred. or are spelled bad, like
pt_BT or l.

however this GOOD version is not yet released, only in CVS. please use it.

--
Gediminas Paulauskas  ---  ICQ #24859336  ---  Kaunas, Lithuania