Re: ximian-menus translations in GNOME CVS

Hello, I'm thinking about your ximia-menus package and I think that we
should change the way you manage those translations...

I think that the 90% of the ximian-menus strings are already translated
at gnome-core, gnome-applets and the rest of gnome's modules, so I think
that the best way to get this package translated should be use those
translations and not new ones...

I see two options:

1.- You should do a script to get all the strings from the .po files of
gnome-core, gnome-applets, etc.. (perhaps with several msgmerge you
could get all the strings)

2.- You should modify every module to install also its .desktop files at
Ximian's directory

This way you will get the same translations and will be much more easy
(for us, the translators) update it.

Thanks for your time.

El d_ 24 Jul 2001 08:25:18 -0400, Peter Teichman escribi_