Re: releasese reminder

On 20 Jul 2001, Chema Celorio wrote:

> libcapplet can be fetched from the GNOME CVS "libcapplet" module.
> I built tarballs and uploaded them to ftp.gnome.org this morning.
> We will do a release late next week. To fix a number of bugs and ship an
> updated translation.

Ummm, maybe a more public announcement about deprecating is needed, since
I only found out this after grabbing ximian-setup-tools from CVS several
days ago, and it complained about failure to compile.

> > b) Is pkg-config a part of GNOME 1.x platform?!
> I don't know. Why are you asking ?

It's not needed for most packages in gnome 1.x...... but for newer
packages (gtk 1.3 etc) it's definitely needed.
http://pkgconfig.sourceforge.net/ contains more resource about this.

Abel