Re: use strcoll for lists!

Kaixo!

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 03:35:15AM +0200, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:

> you really meant strcoll, not strcmp. A good point! Other apps possibly also
> should be fixed to use strcoll for lists of translated or user-entered
> lists. I have done this for GnomeICU and gtranslator already.

Yes, the two *only* cases where strcoll() can't be used are:
- sorting of *byte values* (that is sorting a thing that is not text)
- if you need to differentiate upper and lower cases (and here glib should
  provide a case sensitive version of strcoll(); that is a function that
  would be to strcoll() what strcmp() is to strcasecmp().
  Too bad POSIX provides a localized version of strcasecmp() and not of
  strcmp() :-( )

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga