Volunteering as a technical writer (fwd)

Anyone can guide this wandering soul?

Abel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:04:24 EST
From: ProfBacchus@aol.com
To: docs@gnome.org
Subject: Volunteering as a technical writer

Hi

I learnt about your project on the "Open Source Writer's Group" pages and
would like to offer my services on a voluntary basis.

I am currently studying for a City and Guilds in Technical Communication, so
the exercise would benefit my coursework too.

My background is as a software developer (primarily VB/Java) so I feel
comfortable about creating API documentation and any other texts that deal
with code.  Even as a developer I have always been called upon to do the
documentation work and this is the area I now wish to concentrate on.

In addition I have studied proofreading, copyediting, copywriting and
creative writing.  I have had a number of articles accepted for publication.

If you think we can help one another, then please let me know.

Regards

Mark Lewin