Re: Translating The GIMP

> hmm, not all of our translators are part of the GNOME translation
> project and GIMP != GNOME.

But OTOH Gimp is in the Gnome CVS so it would be much simpler to do
let the Gnome Translation Project take care of it.

> For that reason, I'd like to maintain a list of language maintainers
> in the GIMP source tree. If the GNOME translation project wants to
> take this job and thinks such a list is a waste of time, this is
> something we can and should consider, but it needs to be discussed.

We aren't really that tightly organized, I think (the GTP is more or
less just this bunch of translators reading this list), so most of us
can probably only speak for ourselves, but I personally think it would
be a waste of time. The thing is that this sort of coordination tend
to rot, and do it very quickly.

> I really appreciate all the help I can get here and don't feel
> comfortable maintaining GIMP translations, but at the moment people
> send po updates to me. I'd prefer if this job could be taken by
> someone else and if the GNOME translation project stands up and
> wants the job, just tell me to whom I should send people with
> translation updates in the future.

Well, tell people that GIMP translation is part of the Gnome
Translation Project so they should coordinate with it. Then point them
to this list (so someone from the relevant language team can take care
of the rest) and perhaps the page

  http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/

That ought to be it. Of course, people shouldn't send their .po files
here directly. :-)

> I would really love to be able to concentrate on real hacking again.

:-)

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.dk/olau/