Re: I18n-ing a program

Kaixo!

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 05:40:43PM +0100, Gary Benson wrote:

> > > translate for me. The problem is I can't figure out all the autoconf/
> > > automake stuff; I found a tutorial on http://www.linuxi18n.org/ but it
> > > left me just as baffled.

I wrote it; what is exaclty you still don't understand ?

> The main problem I have is knowing what to put in intl and po and what
> lines to put in configure.in and Makefile.am

Huh ? nothing. You just call "gettextize -f -c" and it adds the directories
for you. You only need to create the po/POTFILES.in with the list of
source files (relative to the main dir of the sources) that have traslatable
strings.

I put in http://www.linuxi18n.org/gettext-en.html my experiences on how
to add the needed stuff for autoconf;
and in http://www.linuxi18n.org/gtk-en.html info on what to do for
Gnome and Gtk+ programs.

The steps described there are what I did myself to add i18n support to
various Gnome or Gtk+ programs (among them XMMS); so it works.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975