Re: I18n-ing a program

Gary Benson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a program which I have been developing for about a year
> (http://rcalc.sourceforge.net) and I have had several people offering to
> translate for me. The problem is I can't figure out all the autoconf/
> automake stuff; I found a tutorial on http://www.linuxi18n.org/ but it
> left me just as baffled.
>
> The program is in autoconf's `deep package format' with _() and N_() used
> throughout the source, so in theory I should be able to add the intl and
> po directories, edit configure.in and Makefile.am and add the locale
> bindings at the top of main().
>
> If only it were that simple! Any help at this point would be much
> appreciated.

One thing that often is overlooked is that all files containing
strings that are marked for translation must contain

#include <config.h>

as one of the first includes. Making it the first is common practice
among most of the GNOME apps in GNOME CVS. Please try this and report
back if you still don't succeed.

Cheers
Kjartan Maraas