Re: Making it easier on translators

Hector Garcia <hector@scouts-es.org> writes:

> Of course I can use MySQL just as well. If I said Postgresql was because it
> is the one I'm used to, but I don't mind at all (besides that I have to spend
>  some time to convert what I have allready for Postgresql, but that is no problem)
> using MySQL, because the few things MySQL doesn't support and I use, can be
> worked around easily.
>
> The only thing I'm not sure of MySQL (haven't play with it too much) is if I
> can use 8 bit characters. For example, can I put Héctor García Álvarez and will
> save all accented words correctly?

Hi,

your name will work fine in MySQL, however I'm not sure about chinese or other
"strange" languages/character sets.

Just had a look at the CVS user database, we have some other spanish people in
it and their names are stored just fine.

I think the best way is to just try this out - I'll put the contents of some
.po files into a test database and check whether this works tomorrow.

> The only thing I really need is all the GNOME cvs (not in server mode, but
> client) checked out. Is there any server already with this? Can I have an
> account on it to start putting the scripts down (alredy have most of the
> perl related ones) ?

Sure, you can either use AnonCVS, the CVSROOT is (empty password)

        :pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome

The best way to do this is to replace `anoncvs.gnome.org' by an actual IP
address of a server - just try 130.239.18.151, 142.92.65.13 and 192.58.206.110
and check which of them works best for you.

I can also give you CVS access on the main server if you want, just send me
a crypted password.

--
Martin Baulig
martin@gnome.org (private)