Re: Improvement of WWW GNOME translation status page

kažkada, berods Tr, 2000-11-08 16:15+0100, Christian Rose rašė:
> I think Kenneth's idea was to somehow merge the .desktop (and
> .directory?) files into the application's .pot; i.e. modify update.pl to
> understand that type of files, like it has been modified to support .xml
> interface files via ui-extract.
>
> Then strings in .desktop files would automatically be included in the
> stats for the application, rather than an extra column.

Yes, this is very good idea. Extract strings into .pot is quite easy, but
how merge them back into .desktop ?

And Stanislav's idea was very bad. As number of languages increases, the
table anyway gets wider and wider. Now I have noticed, that the main table
is no more useful for me. My language, Lithuanian (lt) is just in the middle
of it. How I try to see which apps got what percentage, it is very hard
task, as I see only one -- only apps column or only percentage column. And
this is in Netscape on 1024 pix wide screen!

And you suggest double its width!

P.S. However i still can look at my lang stats with the best browser -- links!

--
Gediminas Paulauskas
Lithuanian translator