database format et al.

As we're trying to get a message database format based
 on xml for gtranslator ( and  I hope, also for KBabel),
  it's time to ask you who'll have to fill this.

They're different possibilities for the structure of the
 databases:

1) A lang.xml file with the message/translation pair with multiple
    translation possiblities and a central index.xml which leads to the
     message databases for the languages.
2) A central ?database.xml? file which includes the strings and the possible
    translaiton into the languages following to it in this sole file.

Examples:
--------

1) index.xml(tr is needed) -> tr.xml -> the usual xml-stuff with such a
    structure.

    <msgid name="String1">
    	<msgstr>Metin1</msgstr>
	<msgstr>MetinBir</msgstr>
    </msgid>

2) database.xml

    <string>String1>
    <description>Blabla</description>
    <language name="tr">
	<author name="me">
		<translation>Bla Metin1</translation>
	</author>
    </language>

So, what do you prefer?!
--
kabalak / kabalak@gmx.net / Fatih Demir
`-GNOME / ICQ:64241161 / GSM: +491749787080