Re: Forced utf-8 conversion???

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Christian Rose wrote:

> Right now, I'm suddenly *unable* to update the gedit sv.po file, because
> pablo was so kind to change it to utf-8 for me, and I don't have an utf-8
> editor on my system. Thanks.

The situation is

  modules using GTK+2 should be using UTF-8 .po files and .desktop files,
    with no exceptions.  Deal with it.

  modules that aren't, should keep the existing things, with no
    exceptions.  If anyones been changing modules that are still using
    1.x to use UTF-8 .po files, they have probably been naughty.

--
Robert Brady
robert@suse.co.uk