Re: gnome-core / distributors

> > Sounds wierd.  As long as we don't use UTF-8 for source files you should
> > not insert UTF-8 thingies in the files (IMO).  For the time being I'd
> > prefer SGML/XML ISO entities in the comments.
> I really doubt those entities exist for Han ideographics.
> And any non-latin name will be an horror if written using entities.
> Entites would be ok for names written in latin script only.

  How about writing '&#xHHHH;' for U+HHHH, or just use 'U+HHHH'.
  For example, I can write 草野 貴之 for my name.
  Yes, it seems cryptic, and :-)

> > Wait with you're improvement until we'll start to prepare GNOME 2.0.
> > Okay?
> Of course I can wait; but does using UTF-8 on comments make any harm ?

  If raw utf-8 strings appear in *.po files even if as comments,
  editing po files becomes hard task. Raw latin-1 characters which
  code points larger than 127 are also problem.

  KUSANO Takayuki <URL:http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~AE5T-KSN/>