Re: gnome-core / distributors

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, KUSANO Takayuki wrote:

>   If raw utf-8 strings appear in *.po files even if as comments,
>   editing po files becomes hard task. Raw latin-1 characters which
>   code points larger than 127 are also problem.

Notably, if the raw latin-1 characters are in msgids, this makes the task
of converting the character set of the .po to something else much
harder. (e.g. iconv --from=EUC-JP --to=UTF-8 will get upset at the Latin1
characters in the middle).  We need to eliminate these.

--
Robert Brady
robert@suse.co.uk