RE: Branching GConf

> GConf 2, so
> gconf-1-0 branch is

> unstable breakage
> a while, but

> also give me
> > > >

> > > stable branches:
> > >
> > > gnome-libs: "gnome-libs-1-0"
> > > gnome-core: "gnome-core-1-2"
> > > gnome-applets: "gnome-applets-1-2"
> > > gnome-pim: "gnome-pim-1-2"
> > > oaf: "oaf-stable-0-6"
> > > ORBit: "orbit-stable-0-5"
> > > gtk+: "gtk-1-2"
> > > glib: "glib-1-2"
> > > control-center: "control-center-1-0"
> > > libgtop: "LIBGTOP_STABLE_1_0"
> > > gnome-xml: "LIB_XML_1_BRANCH"
> > > gconf: "gconf-1-0"
> >
> > And gedit: "gedit-1-0"
> > pybliographer also has a stable branch. (something like v_1_0_x)
> > You can check the exact name of a branch by using the following
> cvs command:
> >
> > cvs -z3 status -v some_file_in_the_module
> >
> > All branches and tags are listed.
>
> Thanks for the information.
> Does evolution and nautilus also have stable branches?
>
> I did use the status command of cvs, but a lot of tags turned
> up and it was hard to see which was the "stable" one.

Tags are unimportant from our point of view, as you cannot commit to a tag.
All you have to look for are branches, there are usually much less branches
than tags.

As for which one is stable, if it is not clear from the branche's name, all
you can do is
ask the developer, or look for a README file in the module's directory.

Nice developers put a notice at the beginning of the ChangeLog file in the
po
directory, to warn translators.

> Is the "stable" branches the ones we are heading for in release 1.4?
This would seem logical to me, but I guess the 1.4 release coordinator
people are
the ones who will know about this.

Regards,
Emese