Re: Update on Localisation Style Guides and Glossaries

Aoife Dunne - Sunsoft ELC wrote:

> Hello All
>
> Thanks to everyone for their response, however, since we have only got one
> volunteer (Rebecca J. Walter) to cleanup the English glossary, Sun has
> volunteer to work with Rebecca to do this work.  Before we proceed, I need
> to be sure that the developers and translators will use this glossary as
> reference once it is completed?.  In order to ensure quality, it is
> important that we are consistent in our terminology.
>
> Can I get at least one volunteer from each language team to translate the
> English glossary into their languages once the English has been cleaned?.
>
> We currently have the following volunteers:
>
> Language                Name                    E-mail
> English                 Rebecca J. Walter       rjp@mail.tele.dk
> Danish                  Keld                    keld@dkuug.dk
> Brazilian Portuguese    E. A. Tacão             tacao@conectiva.com.br

You can add Softcatalà represented by myself for the Catalan translation
of the glossary. In our case, we already have a public glossary with
more than 1400 entries:

http://www.softcatala.org/projectes/eines/recull/recull.htm

There are terms from GNOME, Mandrake, Mozilla, Netscape 4.7, Eudora, AbiWord,
and other products that we have localised. I do know know if makes
sense for us to translate the GNOME glossary or just update our big
glossary to reflect the GNOME terms that you still not represented and
tell new translations to have a look to our glossary.

Thanks,

Jordi,
--
Jordi Mas, InstantTerra ID:jordimas70