Re: Traditional Chinese under Red Hat 7.0/Gnome 1.2

Do
  % LANG=zh_TW.big5 same-gnome

from your terminal, and what message do you get?

- 'Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library'
   Your glibc doesn't know zh_TW.big5 locale.

- 'Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C'
   Your glibc know zh_TW.big5 locale, but you Xlib doesn't know it.
   Install zh_TW.big5 locale file for X.

If you don't have such messages but still can't see Chinese message
in your apps, it is a font problem. Do

  % xlsfonts | grep big5

from your terminal, and is there any big5 font? If you don't have, install
fonts. If you have some, check your /etc/gtk/gtkrc.zh_TW.Big5 file.