Re: Traditional Chinese under Red Hat 7.0/Gnome 1.2

Nakai, thanks for responsing and quickly too.

> Do
>   % LANG=zh_TW.big5 same-gnome
>
> from your terminal, and what message do you get?

I get
> - 'Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C'
>    Your glibc know zh_TW.big5 locale, but you Xlib doesn't know it.
>    Install zh_TW.big5 locale file for X.
So how does one install the locale file for X?

My system is a fresh Red Hat 7 (RH7) install (plus security RPMS).

- Note that I do have Chinese fonts for X (unless xlsfonts is lying).
However, I suspect the set I have aren't very good. Which chinese font
would you recommend and where could I get a copy?
- I also have the file (default from the RH7 install)
/etc/gtkrc.zh_TW.Big5
- The directory /usr/lib/X11/locale has three files compose.dir,
locale.alias, locale.dir from the standard RH7 install.
- There is also a directory called /usr/lib/X11/locale/zh_TW.big5 with a
Compose file inside. However, there is no XLC_LOCALE file in that
directory, unlike zh.TW.
- The files may have incorrect information in them - I dunno - they are
from the standard install and I haven't changed them.

Thanks

chimera