Re: Question: Basic field format in .po files (8bit/iso8859-7)

Kaixo!

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 05:00:04PM +0200, Christian Rose wrote:

> I'll continue with a reply:
> root wrote:
> > A. Content-Transfer-Encoding
> >
> > 1. 8bit
> > 2. 8-bit
> >
> > I believe that the correct is '8bit'. (From the Free Translation Project)
>
> Yes. The Translation Project uses "8bit", and hence, I don't see a
> reason not to use that, when that convention has already been
> established elsewhere.

In fact those are the same fields as used in e-mail; and in such case the
same values should be used.
E-mail uses "8bit".

> > B. Content-Type: text/plain;
> >
> > 1. iso-8859-X
> > 2. iso8859-X
> > 3. 8859-X
> >
> > I believe that it is 2, while from the HTTP protocol it says 1. (no?)

Same here; e-mail (and web pages, and anything using MIME headers)
uses iso-8859-x, so that is clearly the form to use (case is irrelevant btw;
but lower case is nicer imho)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga